Overdose Prevention Training for Businesses
Do you own or work at a local business?
Now is the time to invest in FREE
overdose prevention education!
why this matters to you:
_the opioid epidemic is real it does not discriminate against those who are employed or not.
_knowledge is power if you have patrons, it is crucial for your employees to be knowledgeable.
_it can save you money when employees have access to preventative care, it could prevent more costly, higher levels of care.
what to expect:
_Connection to resources to help your staff
_Business promotion via social media
_Follow-up support if needed
you’ll have access to:
_Live training webinar
_15 minute in-person training
_Free supply of naloxone (Narcan)
_Translated training and resources
you will learn:
1. Factors that increase the risk of an opioid overdose
2. How to recognize the signs of an opioid overdose
3. How to respond to an opioid overdose
4. Where to get naloxone (Narcan)
10 REASONS WHY
10 REASONS YOUR BUSINESS SHOULD CARE ABOUT OVERDOSE PREVENTION & NALOXONE:
1. The opioid epidemic is REAL and does not discriminate against those being employed and those who are not.
2. Providing education to your employees can increase their chances of asking for help and obtaining treatment.
3. When employees have access to preventative treatment and maintenance, it can save your business more money than if they need higher levels of care.
4. If you have patrons or individuals coming into your establishment who are not your employees, it is crucial for your staff to be aware and knowledgeable.
5. Emergency Response Professionals may not be able to access your establishment quickly.
6. People who do not have an opioid use disorder can be at risk of an opioid overdose.
7. Naloxone (Narcan) is a safe and effective medication that reverses the effects of an opioid overdose.
8. Depending on the type of establishment you run, patrons and employees may be at a higher risk of opioid use disorder and overdose.
9. The Surgeon General recommends it.
10. Knowledge is power.